Thursday, July 26, 2018

Ugly furniture and hubba hubba.

I’ve had a kick up the arse lately about my blog. I was told it helps a lot of people all over the world and I was dead chuffed about that! But it won’t help anyone if I don’t write it......so here goes.....

I used to take a lot of joy from decorating, and stripping furniture and repainting it. Some pieces have already been passed on, like the tiny cupboard that was painted a hideous royal blue, thankfully on the inside, and a big beautiful unit that still is in use in my dining room. It was painted white with a fablon coating on the top, and it smelt smelt of tomato plants. Well, it doesn’t smell anymore, and
it houses my cds and tins of beans. S’cuse me, I just had a mini break for a choc ice. Back to the furniture chat, I also had a cast iron double bed, that I stripped and painted. I sadly don’t have that anymore, or any double bed, beautiful or otherwise. I now have a single bed,that is called a profiling bed. And it is really ugly. Really ugly. But sadly needed by the carers. I can adjust the height therefore protecting their backs. No worries about protecting my eyes from the hideous eyesore......

Granted, the bed is good, but I NEED a double. I miss my husband, his touch, spontaneous hubba hubba on tap and even his snoring.

So I’m off to search for a double. There must be one out there! I will find it!!




1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear that you’ve been ill Ellie, if I thought that it would help I’d come and see you. I’m not well myself these days xx

    ReplyDelete