Saturday, November 25, 2017

SLEEP! Yes please.

It’s Friday and my girl is home from uni, to go to my other daughters 2nd hen party. Hen party #1 involed a lot to drink, and no old people. We, as the old, refined people are going for a cream tea, which is being gate crashed by the youthful lot as well. Because who doesn’t love a cream tea? I know what I’m wearing too. Sad as I am.

Next Saturday I’m going out to have my first ever try of Ethiopian food. I’m really looking forward to it. And I’m also looking forward to getting to spend some time with someone I don’t get to see enough of anymore. Between us, we have eight kids, so I snapped her hand off when she suggested it.
I’ll let you know what it tastes like, and if I remember to take any photos, I’ll share them too.

Every week I go to a local hospice, and despite the fact that everybody has a gloomy prognosis, people are positive. If I was in their shoes, I can’t promise I’d be the same. They also have a good number of volunteers too. And most of them have been going for years. As soon as you get there  you’re offered tea, and there’s people offering complimentary therapies, hairdressing and a counsellor  too. There’s also a lady that does art. She’s a ceramicist by trade, so we have plenty to talk about. And if you’re religious, there’s someone to talk too. I’m not religious, but I could talk to him all day. He’s interesting and interested.
So, yeah it’s got it all really.

The boys have just headed out to adventure zone, in a bid to wear them out, as they are overflowing with energy. My energy level is a tad on the low side, despite whatever amount of sleep. I’ve bought a book about getting quality sleep and it’s out for delivery today. I’m hoping it has some miracle answers. I can’t remember the last time I woke up feeling refreshed.

Sleep! I’m coming for you now/today/tonight/this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment