Monday, January 20, 2014

Today I cried. And the reason for my tears was because someone had read my blog about my New Years Resolutions, and that the desire to read more, was one of my resolutions. So, three books were delivered to my daughters work with a covering note. They had read my Resolutions blog and hoped the books would get me going, then they wished me Happy Reading! And then they didn't sign it....

So, to whomever you are......thank you so much! Even though you made me cry......THANK YOU!!
I am unfamiliar with two of the books, but one I did know about, and I wanted to read it, so again.....THANK YOU! That is one resolution that I can firmly tick off now. Happy days!


My daughter, who the books were delivered to, also came across this quote....

The best moves in life are made in silence. Don't talk about it. Just do it and let everyone else talk about it.

Well, we are definitely talking....



Sometimes the kindness of strangers is overwhelming.....

We are having to raise money to make adaptions to our home, and this weekend was also the weekend of the pub quiz fundraiser at our local pub. The couple organising it, are not strangers to me. But as I entered the pub, I was more than amazed by the amount of people present. And they were, for the most part, strangers. Garden furniture had to be bought in as the seats were running out. All these people filled not one, but two bars and the restaurant too. There had been generous donations also, for the raffle. So generous in fact, it seemed a never ending task for my friend to get through!

The bar was drank dry of beer, vodka and wine, and the leaded windows got steamed up by the boozy breath.....so a good night, all in all!

So the last few days have served to make me feel as though I'm not walking/wobbling/wheeling the journey that is ms alone. There are life rafts and leg ups aplenty....and for that I am grateful beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment