Sunday, June 15, 2014

In my last post I said that I need to get on with practicing my driving. The Good Man and I went to pick up an Indian take away and I DROVE!! ALL THE WAY THERE AND BACK!! The fact that I was grimacing for the whole journey, we can overlook. It's so tricky, if you ever get the opportunity to drive an adapted car, take it, and you'll see what I mean! Still, I did it…..BOOM! GO ME!!

For those of you wondering how my car may be adapted, I have a lever that accelerates and brakes, and this lever also has a control for the indicators. I have a choice of attachments for the steering wheel and this is uncomfortable to hold (often leaving me feeling like I have little control - sort of like I'm one step removed from driving).

It feels as if I'm trying to learn to drive again, and I'm fighting against years of driving the conventional way, and the adapted way feels unnatural. My friend who taught my daughter to drive and is preparing to teach my next daughter to drive (good luck) is coming over to accompany me in driving again and to cheer me on, and hold my hand, and I can't wait.

I've broken the back of driving…..next challenge….taking the little man to a park……
Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment