Wednesday, June 25, 2014

So it's the middle of the night here (3.45am) and whilst the rest of the house is sleeping, I AM NOT. So I toss and turn thinking about the day. I went out with the little man, and we were chauffeured by one of my girls. She was most excited as she hadn't witnessed me using a mobility scooter before, but I was less thrilled. I still can't really get my head round it.

Still, get my head round it I must, as it's one of my girl's birthdays soon, and that was the reason for the shopping trip…..there are presents to be found. And my driver is heading off on a girls holiday soon, so I got her a dress for that. I gave her a choice…….dress or fuel?….dress or fuel? It somehow ended up dress AND fuel. Mission completed, we head for home.

I also had friends visiting for the evening. One had knackered her shoulder so I gave her some reflexology, and that really helped. BOOM! I felt dead chuffed with that. Seeing friends is wicked, but it can also leave me feeling like I am left behind from the real world, so to help someone out, also helps me out, because I feel like I have something to offer, and that feels good, y'know?

When I was tucked up in bed, WIDE AWAKE, I spent an hour or so on Rightmove. I was looking at houses in my price range, but stupidly, at ones in Cornwall. I'm an idiot. I love Cornwall, but sadly, I can't move 4 girls and their lives too, so Cornwall will have to wait. They can leave me for their own adventures, but I won't leave them.  Not even for Cornwall……...and it's beaches, and it's icecream/chip stealing sea gulls/the Tate Modern/all year round flip flops…..well, maybe I could be persuaded……..the girls can always visit, it'd be just like a holiday home for them ;)
Cornwall is a bit of an oddity as far as ms is concerned. Globally, the further away from the equator, the higher the incidence of ms. In this country, Scotland runs true to form with this statistic, but Cornwall is the closer to the equator, but the incidence is really high. It doesn't make sense, but I'm sure, in time it will be understood. I reckon the Cornish peeps are chuffed, something to keep us Northern types away, and stop us from eating all their ice-cream and scones, and taking over their beaches.

The little man has nursery tomorrow, so I can catch up on sleep then. There is a bird nattering away and annoyingly twanging the aerial just above my bedroom, but, in spite of that, I'll give sleep another chance…...

3 comments:

  1. Ask your GP for a prescription for Temazepam Ellie...you need a sound nights sleep just to face the day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've been a zombie today....it was thankfully a one off, so I'll see how I go. Thanks though...

      Delete
  2. I can let you have one of my Temazepam if you'd like to try it. You have so much to put up with, it's not too much to ask is it? A sound night's sleep?

    ReplyDelete