Monday, July 29, 2013

I finished my IV steroids on Friday and I'm happy to report improvements have been noted. Today, for the first time in 11 months, I gave my boy a bath. Normally, this has fallen to the good man to do, whilst I just watch. The perennial bystander of my own life. We both got a bit soaked, which made it all the more perfect.

On Saturday I went to a shop and enjoyed getting my boy some tee shirts. This was a new experience for me, and, it's fair to say, I loved it. I was on my crutches but it was all a bit easier, and I really enjoyed looking around, and choosing. It didn't break the bank.....£11 I think, but it was actually priceless.

When I got home, the family en masse did a little weeding. I had been finding it impossible to get in to the garden, so to get out, and weed, and enjoy the sun, and the garden was fantastic. And even better, it was shared by teenage girls, small people, the dog, and the good man. We are all still basking in the glory of a good job well done, as we peep out to enjoy our work.

On Sunday, the good man, the little man and I went out for a coke. Such a normal everyday event, that most people can do without even thinking. Well, believe me, I swear my smile made a 'kerching' sound.


I still get completely battered and knocked about by MS, but I'm bouncing back quicker. I don't worry so much about going out and about. So much so, I'm out with friends tomorrow. Another coke, and a catch up.

And life, as a result, has bit more ease and joy in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment