Monday, September 29, 2014

Well, today started well, with the delivery of my scooter. FREEDOM!! I can't believe I am so happy about getting one. It's not really what you see yourself needing, is it? But, I didn't really consider that in my lifetime, I wouldn't be able to walk. It's a bit crap to be needing one, but if you do need one, it's best to be chuffed with what it will enable you to do. So, later on, I plan to walk the dog. I haven't done that in ages! And I also want to go and buy a sparkly keyring for the keys to my new wheels! WILD!

So, all things considered, I'm chuffed!

But it does throw a bright light on to my house, and how it's limiting me with it bloody steps. I can't just pop out. I need someone to help me….so, not completely independent then…..
MOVE! I hear you say. Yeah that is the only thing to do. At the beginning of the year, we put the house on the market, and sold it. The sale fell through. And this repeated itself THREE TIMES OVER! Apparently, you can no longer get a mortgage on my type of house, due to the mortgage criteria changing. WHAT!!?!! So, to fit the new criteria, we have to remove the external walls, and replace them with brick……no bother if it gets us a sale…but we have to move out whilst it's being done….WITH ALL OUR STUFF….and pay a pretty penny for the privilege….so, in a nutshell, the next 6 months or so look like this…..

..Find somewhere to rent.
..Move everything and everyone out.
..Borrow shit loads of money.
..Get the house bricked.
..Sell the house.
..Buy a house.
..Move in. Breathe again.

It's going to be crazy, but it will be worth it. The cardboard boxes are already piling up. I best get cracking on filling them. Or arguing over them. My youngest girl is also moving out, to live with her sister. So boxes and tape come at a premium in this house at the moment.

I might just make myself a cardboard forte to live in. Let me know when it's all over. And then I might come out to play. ON MY SCOOTER!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment